Are you retiring, changing jobs, or have you recently been laid off? Without careful planning during this critical period, your decisions could result in significant penalties, fees, and limited investment options.
Bob will walk you through your transition and show you how an IRA rollover may:
- Help prevent taxes and penalties;
- Avoid mandatory withholding of 20% of your account value;
- Give you – not your former employer – control over your investment options;
- Determine if a lump-sum pension payout is in your best interest;
- Maintain the tax-deferred status of your investment.
A poorly planned transition from an employer’s 401(k) or pension plan can delay your retirement for years. For more information on IRA rollovers, be sure to check Bob’s IRA rollover guide in the Investor Resources section. Contact Bob today and he will guide you through this decisive time with sound advice.
Decisions to roll over or transfer retirement plan or IRA assets should be made with careful consideration of the advantages and disadvantages, including investment options and services, fees and expenses, withdrawal options, required minimum distributions, tax treatment, and your unique financial needs and retirement planning. Stifel does not offer tax advice. You should consult with your tax advisor regarding your particular situation as it pertains to tax matters.